About Cleveland Vicon
Founded in 1961 by Don and Carol Poe, Cleveland Vicon is one of the largest distributors of doors, frames and hardware in the state of Ohio. Today, the Poe children remain active in the business, ensuring the care and commitment that only a family operated company can provide. Servicing clients in the local community, such as Akron Children’s Hospital and Case Western Reserve University, our commitment to quality products has been part of our philosophy since the beginning.
The goal is to have the best-trained people thus providing clients with the highest-quality products available at a fair price. Each of the associates has been trained in basic product information and receives ongoing training to stay updated on the company. In fact, the sales staff represents one of the largest collections of industry-certified consultants in the business.
Cleveland Vicon is seeking a standout Staff Accountant to support our friendly, outgoing team. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, multi-task capable, and detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Staff Accountant is responsible for a multitude of monthly recurring duties including preparing and reviewing account reconciliations, formulating various monthly financial reports, and management of inventory balances and reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Entry level position or up to two years of Accounting experience
- High proficiency level with Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Accounting Entry oversight for:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Manual check recording
- Control of Petty cash
- Part of our collections management team
- Preparation of Month and Year end financials
- Preparation and maintenance of financial recordkeeping and analytical spreadsheets
- Tax Preparation
- Sales and Use Tax
- 1099 recordkeeping
- Year-end tax file recordkeeping
- WIP reconciliation
- Inventory reconciliation
Salary is negotiable based on previous experience and education.
- Health, dental and prescription insurance coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company contribution, after a successful completion of the eligibility period
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal/sick days
- Annual bonus based on company profitability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness room
- Paid training and development
- 15 minutes from downtown Cleveland with free parking
How to Apply
To apply for a position, please drop off a resume at our office which is located at 4550 Willow Pkwy Cleveland, OH 44125 between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. In addition you can email a resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. In either case, if we feel your experience and skill set meets our needs, we will contact you for an interview.
Cleveland Vicon provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.